The Couples Triathlon Format
Couples Triathlon is a sprint distance triathlon that is completed individually, but scored in a unique fashion. Here's how it works:
- 2 people sign up as a team. They don't need to be a "couple". In fact, most teams are friends or family members.
- 1 person may also sign up as an individual if they prefer.
- The team is put into one of the event divisions.
- Each person completes the event as an individual. The wave starts will be based on the event divisions.
- After the event is completed, the awards will be determined based on the division and the combined age of the team. Awards will also be given to individual competitors based on age groups.
- Official results will be available by overall place, team place, and by age group. Results will be sent to USAT using the official age group categories for USAT rankings.